Sunday, November 4, 2012

Day 21: Evil Eye


I'm in Louisiana tonight.  I had originally planned to drive home, but when I began nodding off at the wheel I decided it was less expensive to pay for a room than to buy a new car.

I noticed the the girl at the check-in counter looking at me a little sideways as she checked for available rooms.  "Is your necklace watching me?"

"It's my evil eye."

She began telling me about a friend's mother that is apparently into voodoo.

"This is not black magic.  It goes all the way back to ancient Greece and is actually worn for protection.  I just like unusual jewelry."

I have found myself wearing it when I play poker, though.  Can't have too many eyes on those people...      

3 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ha. does it help with poker....i may need to get a few....it is a really cool piece...

Tempo said...

Keeping an eye on them eh! I dont think Ive ever seen one like that before. (except as ancient carvings)

Liz Mays said...

LOL to your poker comment, but yes, I always viewed it as protection too. I enjoy unusual jewelry as well and that is very neat!

Post a Comment